In the past couple of years, mobile apps have detonated in popularity. Recent studies show that the average user spends about 2 hours a day on apps and there will be approx. 5.3 billion mobile users by 2018. As more people will afford to buy a smartphone, the more applications will be released, conveying a pleasant income to their developers.
But, Building up a versatile mobile app can be intimidating, particularly if you’ve never done it. In the event that you are an app developer or tech entrepreneur, figuring out how to deliver relevant and engaging apps is an unquestionable requirement. To end up with a productive venture, an application must be developed with enthusiasm by a splendid personality who has a vision and a methodology, so in case you’re prepared to go down this road, we’ll assist you with a few tips and practices for mobile app development.
- Know Your Users
- Your app doesn’t stand an opportunity to be fruitful if you don’t conduct your research early. There are bunches of segments that you need to analyze. To start with, you must identify the target audience of your app. Whom would you say you are building the application for? In what capacity will they utilize this application? Is there a specific component that may gather more interest than the others? It is vital, and helpful, to answer these questions in advance.
- Picking the Right Platform is Essential
- The next thing you have to do before starting the mobile application development process is to pick the right platform. The most well-known application platforms available today are Apple’s iOS and Android. The next thing to consider is whether you go with a Native app development or hybrid app development. Keeping in mind your target will enable you to make sense of which of these platforms to select. Even if you can build up an app for both platforms, the best option is to release your app on one platform to see how well it does before extending. This will enable you to hedge your bets and avoid overextending your finances.
- Free, Open-Source Frameworks
- Regardless of the type of mobile app, you’re developing, either it’s android app development or iOS app development, one should understand the significance of security, to have the capacity to ensure user’s data, and this should be done by incorporating encryption. By encrypting an application, it will be difficult to be understood by unauthorized people. For instance, WhatsApp and other instant messaging client have encrypted chats with the goal that only the sender and the recipient have access to messages. Another approach to protecting data is by presenting programming backup capabilities, to archive data on the cloud on an occasional basis and if the device gets stolen, an app ought to have a “wipe” capacity that will erase the disk when the authorized user reports that the device is lost.
- Test, test, and test again
- Tests should be run throughout the whole development process. Don’t simply wait until the end to test the performance. It’s substantially less demanding to test your progress along the way.
- It will be significantly harder and more complex to distinguish and fix issues if your testing isn’t done periodically. Try utilizing online resources and platforms like Beta Family to place you in contact with testers.
- Decide the Right Design Methodology
- Devising the correct design methodology is the key to develop an effective mobile app. According to a mobile best practices report published by Accenture, having a conclusive design strategy is particularly important in a ‘cross-platform environment where numerous efforts might be underway at the same time.’ Creating a storyboard makes a difference. You can list down entire functionality, and future parts, of your app on a bit of paper and take out any issues that may arise at this stage. It is likewise a smart idea to include potential users in the design process. Their criticism will enable you to enhance the design in a way that is very much acknowledged by the end user.
Mobile application development includes strategic thinking. Keeping these best practices in mind will enable you to build a highly functional mobile app without much hassle. Your fundamental goal is to release an application that offers the best value to your users.
Planning to build a mobile application? Need to know a gauge cost of mobile app development? Get in touch with us today to know how much does it cost to build a mobile app.