DevOps is becoming essential in present-day application development and delivery. No longer a specialty technique, the DevOps methodology is presently thought to be utilized by as much as a fourth of organizations in the Forbes Global 2000 list. The practices related to DevOps overcome any issues among development and operations within an association and emphasize collaboration, communication, quality assurance, continuous integration and delivery with automated deployment.
Here are the main 5 reasons why the popularity of DevOps practices is rising.
- Correct Identification of Problem Statement
- Since the entire team is dealing with a problem statement from the earliest starting point to the simple end of the project, more thoughts are created in a small time. This enables the team to get various points of view on the problem statement and in the long run, helps them in turning out clever ideas to solve the issue.
- Shorter Development Period and Faster Delivery
- DevOps process incorporates strategic planning and time and also resource allotment stage. Having a set arrangement from the earliest starting point of the project enables the team to move in a fixed direction consequently reducing the development period. This further causes them to convey the application rapidly. A faster delivery guarantees that the client has adequate time for promoting and testing the application.
- Quicker Problem Resolution
- An application development process experiences different issues on the go. It is critical for the team to take care of these issues rapidly so that different processes don’t have to sit tight for the resolution. DevOps utilizes a strategic plan that enables the team to create tickets for issue resolution and successfully keep track of the resolved and pending issue with the application interface.
- Stable Operating Environments
- DevOps for mobile apps helps in the formation of a stable operating environment within the team. The synergetic approach towards comprehending the issues and building up the source code helps in making a steady working environment. Since DevOps for mobile apps lays enough accentuation on the operations, identical to that on the development part, it is useful for creating a synergetic development environment.
- Concurrent Engineering Model
- DevOps process nearly looks like the concurrent engineering model for product development taken after by leading companies. This nearby resemblance enables DevOps to create applications at a quicker rate, in this way effectively diminishing the period between two research and development cycles.
Best practices in Mobile DevOps
The general guidelines followed for implementing these projects likewise turn into the best practices eventually.
- Guarantee end-to-end Traceability
- A mobile app development must guarantee there is end-to-end traceability regarding the code, scripts, configurations, design documents and so forth and isn’t simply restricted to mobile development assets, however, reaches out over the enterprise applications and services that interface with the mobile apps.
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous integration while conceptualizing DevOps Managed Services ensures that code that is produced by one team integrates and functions easily with the modules that are delivered by other development teams and additionally the business logic itself.
- Keep up a Separate Build for each Mobile OS Version
- Mobile apps are composed to support different platforms and its variations. To ensure each of the code supports technical capabilities it is essential for developers to keep up various stream of development particular to each platform.
- Automated Build and Testing
- As mobile apps can have a various version of builds, developers can automate the work by utilizing scripts to run builds. The build scripts simply like code ought to be assigned version so each build can be turned around to the previous version by any team member whenever.
- Testing the apps utilizing automated testing tool on simulators which give different SDKs can help reduce the testing duration and empowers testing the apps completely for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Monitor the Performance
- Mobile apps face challenges like low memory, data loss, network issues, and the like hampering the user experiences. Nonstop monitoring of performances of these applications can accumulate information to discover the main cause of the issue and correct them.
- Utilization of Virtual App Store
- A mobile app can be provisioned on an application store simply after the prerequisite approvals. The entire procedure ought to be tested and simulated on virtual app stores.
- User feedback
- Apps store enables users to rate and leave a feedback about the app, the mobile development team ought to closely monitor this feedback and incorporate them, in their enhancement, which will help in improving the apps.
Modern application development process requires inputs from different sources to guarantee that the necessities of the customers are handled in the best possible way. The ideal balance between customer satisfaction and speed is responsible for the rising tenacity of the whole DevOps model. If you’d like help with your mobile challenges, Our DevOps developers constantly upbeat to offer up some advice. Get in touch with us to set up a time to talk — no strings attached.