With a large number of eCommerce platforms already available, it is difficult to tell which one might be the most suitable for businesses all in all – some give better user experience, some provide robustness and some just a few better functionalities. Magento eCommerce platform is the top-notch open-source E-commerce platform that has helped entrepreneurs throughout the years with quick success and reliability. However, very recently, SAP Hybris eCommerce platform has been coming into the comparison of Magento as an appropriate contender for the most persistent eCommerce platform, giving more functionalities and ease of use to its clients.
As we know, Magento is a PHP-based platform and offers a wide range of digital marketing tools to get more customers, more customization, better analytics, and boundless extensions. It has been available since 2008 and has been as of late procured by Adobe for 1.6 billion USD (2018). SAP Hybris on the other hand, is an omnichannel eCommerce platform created in Java. It was founded back in 1997 and has been acquired by SAP SE for roughly 1 billion USD in 2013. The total number of live websites utilizing Magento count up to 424,017 and that of SAP Hybris count up to 11,820.
To draw a fair comparison and bring all the facts together, we have listed nitty-gritty advantages and disadvantages for you:
Magento Enterprise vs Hybris
To begin, let’s look at some of the advantages of Magento Enterprise Edition:
- It offers you analytics so you can track your store’s performance. It can be accomplished by utilizing Google Analytics or through the reports that are given by Magento.
- The platform is open source, so it’s effectively adaptable.
- Unlike SAP Hybris, you can get an edition of Magento for free. The enterprise edition will cost you money, however, it is tier-based.
- The shopping cart is totally customizable so that you can select your favorite settings for payment processes, just as gateways and accepted methods.
- Single UI for dealing with the page.
- Blog issues. It doesn’t have a full-fledged inbuilt blog.
- Server Costs. You’re in charge of your upgrades because you maintain your business on your server. Also, it must be powerful.
Now how about we check the Hybris’s positive and negative sides.
- Easy management. You can deal with the majority of your information on the same page, with well as different businesses and suppliers on a similar platform.
- Account management. B2B customers will most likely deal with their accounts, just as their orders. Studies show that about 80% of individuals will turn down offers except they’re personalized, which is the reason this may appear beneficial to you.
- Customer management. When a few sites have a high number of clients visiting, their servers aren’t ready to support it and either the browser or page crashes. With SAP Hybris, your site will have satisfactory scaling and can support a high number of visitors.
- Easy personalization. You can personalize the majority of your services, navigation, and so forth. so that it tailors to yours and your clients’ needs. You can change your payment processes and options.
- Project duration. It takes 1-2 years to finish a project with SAP Hybris, so this may be unreasonably long for you.
- Small support. It doesn’t have a major community of developers, so it’s hard to find a decent specialist.
Who Chooses Magento 2 and Hybris?
Generally, it can be seen that Hybris is picking up its customers from Oracle Commerce and Magento 2. Almost 40% of these customers are situated in the United States, which holds most of Hybris’ customer market.
Like SAP Hybris, most of Magento’s clients come from the United States; in fact, simply over 60% of it does. Magento gets the vast majority of its clients from Shopify, Lengow, and WooCommerce.
Both Hybris and Magento have a strong developer community, although many users recommend that Magento has the Eco-system that involves developers, the hosting solution partners and extension companies, who are somewhat more exclusive and complete.
Experts say that Magento is somewhat more of one completed e-commerce product, containing almost the majority of features that one would you’d have to launch a website. Also, it is so that a knowledgeable developer would most likely customize it further as per the needs.
Hybris is based on Java. Being associated with bigger organizations and larger projects, and keeping in mind that that has certain advantages of its own, this also implies that it usually a bit longer to build up a website on Hybris than Magento.
It just may not always be adequate to compare just SAP Hybris and Magento with each other. Indeed, Even so, the valuable features, the user experience features and the pricing plans are all the important perspectives and these should decide more weight on the decision when settling on a final decision, it likewise must ensure that we look at all endeavor and the awards won by every solution.
ti Technology provides a full-range of Magento development and SAP Hybris development services to all enterprise clients, Get in touch with us to start over your Magento or SAP Hybris development project.