At the Magento Imagine Conference in April 2018, Magento announced the next noteworthy release on the Magento platform – Magento 2.3. It has enormous features, back-end enhancements, and optimizations.
The following are the 8 features of the new released Magento 2.3.
1. GraphQL support
- The GraphQL is created by Facebook in 2015. It is an API technology that will empower progressive web app to push and pull information from the Magento store utilizing smaller packets of data. It enables you to request data when you require it and furthermore make smaller API requests.
- It permits development tools and hence, make GraphQL an adaptable and effective approach. This results in faster loading times even on slow network connections than the conventional APIs of Magento 2.
2. Declarative DB Schema
- Declarative schema makes it easy to install and update Magento versions. Prior to now, each time developers needed to compose database scripts in PHP for the new version of Magento.
- For example, in the current version of Magento, you can change the pattern of a Magento database by composing code with UpgradeSchema and InstallSchema. However, with the new Magento 2.3, you can impact changes by utilizing a declarative database schema. This way, you can undoubtedly delete data when you uninstall a module.
3. Elastic search
- The MySQL search engine was frail and it has a lot of issues that are hard to solve. Other than that, it causes a lot of execution problems when you use it to create features, for example, product listing source, faceting, and full-text search. This is the reason Magento made the ElasticSearch solve the issues and make the search to be increasingly significant.
- Elasticsearch is a third-party search engine that can keep running on any dedicated server. Already available in the Magento commerce, it will be incorporated into the Magento open source in the new Magento 2.3. It is a component that powers Magento site search with faceted search. It enhances the speed and significance of your online store search results.
4. Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Mobile e-commerce is growing at a galactic rate. In fact, it represents 34.5% of total e-commerce sales in 2017 and it is required to rise to 54% of total e-commerce sales by 2021. However, the issue is, most e-commerce owners encounter low conversion rates and trouble in creating and managing user experience, henceforth the creation of Magento Progressive web applications studio. The PWA offers a solid, fast and connecting experience that can help skyrocket conversion rates as much as half and furthermore increase revenue.
- Progressive web apps have tools and libraries like ReactJs, web pack, Redux, GraphQL, that will customize the content and local preferences, quick prototyping, helpful debugging and upgrade productivity.
To know how to set up PWA in Magento Read this
5. Page Builder
- The Page Builder is controlled by a company that was obtained by Magento – BlueFoot CMS.
- BlueFoot is a simple content editing system that has a drag and drops functionality and adaptable row and column layouts. Its layout makes it simple for anybody to create customized pages on Magento without having earlier knowledge of Magento layouts and styling. You can utilize it to make any page, preview it simply like you utilize any other CMS platform, for example, WordPress.
- It is particularly extraordinary for users that don’t know how to code with CSS or HTML.
6. Cache-Management ACL
- Magento has various types of cache and action to the cache can block the system’s performance. Additionally, as the number of website users increases, cache flushing policy will never again serve to protect your store from threats. These were the reasons why Magento present the cache management ACL in Magento 2.3 to permit admins to utilize role permissions in the Magento’s back-end.
- With this feature, admins can restrict actions and access to clients or client roles both to view and manage cache types. It is particularly helpful when you need to confine the access of a particular user that needs to utilize the system cache. You can easily restrict or control the level of cache management he or she can interface with.
7. WYSIWYG Upgrade
- The new Magento 2.3 has a redesigned form of the WYSIWYG Editor – TinyMCE. The upgraded version 4 has improved features and customizable WYSIWYG.
- The variables, widgets and media gallery are plugins in the new version.
8. Two-factor authentication
- Apart from the Google reCAPTCHA, Magento 2.3 has another layer of protection called the two-factor authentication. To utilize it, a user should enter their username and a passphrase. At that point, they should give another information provided by the Google Authenticator app to access the website. It has three methods, for example, Duo security, Google Authenticator, and Authy. It is being utilized by many stores on the internet.
Above are the significant features you can look out for in Magento 2.3. If you are as yet utilizing old versions of Magento, the time has come to relocate. Ti Technologies has a team of certified and experienced Magento developers. We have successfully launched and migrated 50+ Magento 2 websites. So, if you are searching for the best Magento developer for your websites, we are the best for you. You can send us an email on [email protected] message or call on +1 404-478-9929.