The world is moving fast, and people’s capacity to focus is decreasing. Even for online shopping people opt for it since they can save a considerable measure of time and efforts in the process. Along these lines, good performance and speed are central to the achievement of any e-commerce store.
Magento 2 (M2) comes as another time of e-commerce innovation. It has more highlights and is more complex, and has more lines of code, contrasted with the first generation of this popular platform. Such a dimension of adaptability includes some major disadvantages, M2 can be slow. Poor performance is the main objection from store owners and developers.
Magento 2 upgrade version has fixed numerous issues with the previous version, however, there is still a lot you can do to enhance the performance of your Magento 2 site.
Here we have prepared following tips that can definitely help you speed up your site.
- An e-commerce store is brimming with images and banners for obvious reasons. To ensure that the images aren’t affecting your site’s performance, optimize them in like manner. The images that show up on the main site ought to be compressed for less data usage and simple page loads. While the product images ought to be in JPEG format, SVG and PNG format is suggested for layout and logo of your Magento 2 site.
Optimize JS and CSS files
Server requirement and configuration
- The server is the chief factor affecting the site’s performance. If your server doesn’t work properly, your website speed will never be ideal regardless of what you do. While you pick a host, continuously go for a dedicated server or VPN. A shared hosting option is not recommended for Magento. To optimize your expenses go for cloud hosting plans from leading players like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS). Additionally, check your Magento 2 system requirements to guarantee that you are utilizing Linux x86-64 as the operating system, PHP 5.5, Nginx 1.8x, Apache 2.2 or 2.4 web server, My SQL 5.6x database, SSL, Redis 3.x cache storage, Varnish 4.x, and memcache 1.4x. Additionally, ensure that self-signed certificates are not supported and there’s a most recent composer to manage modules easily.
- Magento 2 core is written by programming experts. There isn’t much opportunity for improvement in the core code. That is ordinarily not the case for extensions you can purchase, or download for free. Some of them could extremely slow the site down.
- You ought to perform a 3rd-party extensions audit. Turn each module on and off, clear caches, and check whether it changes the site’s speed. Test all essential page types, category pages, front page, product pages, and checkout. If you turn off an extension and the site becomes faster – you have discovered an abuser. Contact this plugin’s vendor and told them about the performance problem. write a review, Request for a refund, and find an alternative if they don’t respond.
Pick the right Content Delivery Network
- CDN is an interconnected system of distributed servers that convey web pages and other web content to the visitors. It depends on the origin of the web page and the geographical proximity of the user. The system encourages your visitors to load the pages faster and thusly you ought to pick a Content Delivery Network by keeping in view the features given and its coverage range. To setup CDN, you should go to ‘Stores’ from your backend and choose ‘GENERAL’ from the ‘configuration’ tab. Here, go to ‘Web’ and embed your HTTPS URLs in the secure base URL. This will help your Magento 2 site to load faster for your users.
Utilize Full Page Cache
- The power of full page caching lies in its capacity to store the full page output in the cache. This decreases the server for when consequent pages are loading. If your Magento 2 website had high traffic, full page caching is relatively necessary as it keeps the server load low and maintenance downtime at times of high traffic. As the server needs are decreased by getting all rendering pages from the cache, the performance of your website enhances thus.
A faster e-commerce store shows better conversion rates than a slow processing website any day. With such a significant number of alternatives available no one is ready or patient enough to bear with slow transactions. Indeed, Google has begun penalizing websites with slow loading speed. In this way, keeping in mind all the points, it’s truly essential that you find a way to enhance the performance and speed of your Magento 2 site.